Student Tuition and Maintenance Loan

We understand that funding your studies is a daunting and challenging prospect, but there is plenty of financial help available to you. Our Student Welfare Team is here to assist you with any questions you may have, and you should also visit the government’s website about student finance the information there is comprehensive and is updated regularly. You can find information about how, when and what you can apply for at the following link:

Tuition Fee Loan

These loans enable you to pay for your studies, but they don’t need repaying until you’ve graduated and are earning over a certain amount. All UK full-time students are eligible for a loan to cover the full tuition fees, and the loans are not means-tested. Your fees will be paid by the Students Loans Company direct to the University, on your behalf. Student who commenced their course before September 2013 will start to repay these loans once they have completed your course and are earning over £15,000.  Those students who commence their course September 2013 and have paid the higher fees will only start to repay their loan once they have completed their course and are earning £25,000 or above. 

Student Loans for Maintenance

The government offers repayable loans to help you pay for fees and living costs. All UK students can apply for a maintenance loan. You aren’t required to begin repaying these loans until you have left college and are earning over £25,725 a year. For further details, click here.

How do I apply for government loan?

You should apply online for the Tuition Fee Loan, Maintenance Loan and Maintenance Grant. Find out how at:

Overseas students 

Students from the EU (excluding UK students) will only be entitled to tuition fee support. You should contact the Department for Children, Schools and Families on 0141 243 3570, or

Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA)

The Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA) can help with the extra costs you may face as a result of attending your course and your disability. To apply please follow the link: